NEED A HVOF Coatings QUOTE?
Click here to fill out an online quote form and one of our experts will contact you, or call now.
What is HVOF Coating?
The High-Velocity Oxy-Fuel (HVOF) coating process is used to apply protective coatings to surfaces. The thermal spray coating technique is a popular option because of its superior properties compared to other thermal spray processes.
The HVOF process involves the combustion of oxygen and fuel at high pressures and velocities inside a combustion chamber.
This produces a jet stream expelled through a supersonic nozzle with powdered coating materials onto the workpiece.
This results in a dense, hard, and well-bonded coating on the object.
Some of the main advantages of high-velocity oxygen fuel include the following:
Higher coat density
For HVOF coating services – in Texas, industries in the area should make this the preferred choice where protective coatings are needed for component performance and longevity.
Why Choose HVOF Coating?
There are several reasons to choose HVOF coating over other available techniques. Some of the key advantages are as follows:
- High coating density: The dense coating is due to the intense kinetic energy of the sprayed particles, resulting in resistant coatings that can withstand abrasion and erosion.
- Enhanced adhesion: The high-velocity gas stream allows the particles to bond strongly with the material.
- Low oxide content: Because of the minimal time spent in high temperatures, the coating retains its original properties better, making it last longer.
- Heat protection: The dense coatings have minimal gaps, acting as a barrier preventing heat from penetrating the HVOF equipment.
- Corrosion protection: The HVOF also acts as a physical barrier against corrosive agents like chemicals and salt from contacting the substrate material and causing damage.
- Abrasion protection: The HVOF coating is often composed of carbides, ceramics, and metal alloys that are extremely hard.
- Reducing friction thanks to its smooth surface.
- Improving component performance by helping the machinery from overheating.
- Protecting from corrosion that can cause damage.
For HVOF coating, Texas machinery becomes more durable, extending its lifespan. This reduces labor, repair, maintenance costs, and unproductive downtime.
COMMON HVOF APPLICATIONS
Agricultural Wear Parts
Benefits of HVOF Coatings
The first thing that most people note about HVOF coating is the higher cost. While the price point may be higher than some of our other thermal spray coatings, the benefits of HVOF coatings more than make up for the difference. There’s no denying that HVOF coatings are easily one of the most durable thermal spray coatings, especially when compared to some of the other thermal spray coatings available.
HVOF coatings have the highest density and hardness of all thermal spray coatings. They deliver your most critical pieces of equipment the highest level of protection from heat, weather, wear and tear possible. HVOF coatings may be the priciest type of thermal spray coating, but that’s because they offer your machinery the most effective protection and durability available.
Because HVOF coatings are so durable, there are countless ways to take advantage of its capabilities in regards to the application. HVOF coatings are most commonly used in settings where machinery and equipment will be exposed to high temperatures on a regular basis, as it is able to provide the type of protection that machinery needs in these hot settings to avoid severe wear. Aside from that, many of our clients utilize this thermal spray coating on equipment that is used often enough to the point of the machinery itself reaching high temperatures. That is why it’s extremely common to find HVOF coatings on pistons, cylinders, pins, and blades.
Contact Wear Master
There are so many ways that HVOF coating can help protect your machinery, and Wear Master Inc. wants to be the ones to show you the best applications. If you are interested in learning more about the process of thermal spray coating, have questions about HVOF coating, or you’d like to receive a quote on your services, reach out to our team! We would be more than happy to get you taken care of. Contact us today to get started!
Can HVOF coating be applied to any type of machinery?
How long does the HVOF coating process typically take?
What is the maintenance requirement for HVOF coatings?
Can HVOF coatings be painted or coated over?
It’s best to consult a professional before applying additional coatings on top of an existing HVOF coating.