Machines are prone to wear and tear, corrosion, or damage when exposed to excess heat or harsh weather. These factors often interfere with the daily operations of a factory. In some cases, companies suffer huge losses due to damaged equipment. However, businesses can prevent costly replacements for damaged or worn-out equipment using tungsten carbide.
Tungsten carbide coating is the ideal solution for wear and tear, corrosion, and damage to machines. It provides a protective layer and prolongs the lifespan of machines and equipment by up to five times. The versatile material can also be used to repair damaged parts. At Wear Master, Inc., we use tungsten carbide coating to give our clients a way to protect their machinery and components from abrasive wear.
Uses of Tungsten Carbide Coating
Throughout history, extensive research has been done to come up with a wear-resistant and corrosion-proof substance. Different techniques such as polishing, electroplating, and chrome plating have been applied in the past. However, scientists have discovered the most efficient and reliable protective coating—tungsten carbide coating.
Tungsten carbide is a fine gray powder commonly used to coat industrial machinery, mechanical tools, and armor-piercing high-velocity rounds. It consists of a mixture of the corrosion-resistant metal tungsten and carbon. The coating can be applied on a variety of surfaces such as metal, plastic, and ceramic.
Tungsten carbide is applied on surfaces through a process known as thermal spraying, and it’s the most preferred coating substance due to its many benefits.
Benefits of Tungsten Carbide Coating
- Twice as Strong as Steel – Tungsten carbide coating is extremely strong, even stronger than steel. It’s also flexible to use. When the coating is applied on a surface, it forms a strong bond that is wear-proof.
- Highly Versatile – The coating can be applied on nearly any surface and shaped into any form for use. Additionally, it does not alter the functioning of equipment. This characteristic makes tungsten carbide the best material for coating industrial equipment, cutting tools, and abrasives.
- High Wear Resistance – Machines often suffer from wear and tear caused by repeated friction between moving parts. A tungsten carbide coat protects the moving parts of a machine from wearing away due to its high wear resistance quality.
- High Corrosion Resistance – Surfaces become corroded due to exposure to corrosive substances such as acid or other chemicals. Coating surfaces with tungsten carbide makes them highly resistant to corrosion and keeps them in good condition for longer.
- Affordable – Tungsten carbide is quite affordable compared to other strong metals such as steel, lead, and gold. It has a shiny finish, that makes it appear expensive, but it’s fairly priced. Its affordability makes it ideal for use in many applications.
Protect Your Equipment
Businesses invest heavily in machines and tools of production. At Wear Master, Inc., we understand the need to protect production machinery from harsh elements and regular wear and tear. That's why we provide excellent coating solutions for all industrial equipment and surfaces. Our knowledge in tungsten carbide coating is unmatchable. To deliver the best results in our work, we use advanced robotic technology to apply coating on surfaces. For all your surface enhancement needs, call us today on 817-561-1565.Tungsten Carbide Coating
View Larger Map